Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Experiment

Easing in to my little experiment here, I thought I would share the issues I would be mainly focusing on throughout the next year. On any given day I have back and neck discomfort, knee and other joint pain, fatigue, acid reflux, allergies, and my favorite; memory fog! Memory fog, for me, can also include a lack of concentration, lack of interest, and a general scatterbrained-ness.

I don't think any of my complaints are uncommon or severe, although I have noticed all of them are getting worse at an alarming rate. I feel so many people out there have these very same symptoms and more. There may be a common factor here, a common cause. With few exceptions we are all eating the same food. Could it be that simple?

Ask any doctor, nurse or pharmacist: Where do medications originally come from? They would have to tell you the origin for most if not all prescription medications are plants, flowers or food, or a chemical that already exists in our bodies. Something living that is now chemically reproduced in a lab to treat acute or chronic disease. ***

So, could food harm us as well? Could food that is void of practically any nutrition make us ill? Seems possible, if not probable.

Over the next year I will be reserving my dining out experiences for very special occasions, incorporating cooking at home into my daily routine and evaluating if this does or does not help the discomforts I mentioned above.

Stay tuned.



*** Please do not make changes in your medication regime without the supervision of a prescribing professional. That is not the intention of this blog. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment