Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Getting Here

The decision to start this blog seemed almost like a fluke, a very rash, quick decision. Looking back though it seems like the most natural thing to do, a very natural progression I guess.

I have never been skinny, but have never felt unhealthy until the past several years. Which is so odd to me, because I feel like I don't do any of the "fun" stuff I used to do. You know, chain smoking, drinking and never getting enough sleep. Now I try to eat organic, usually get more than enough sleep but feel like I could always take a nap (and usually do), I don't smoke, and rarely drink. I have never felt more unhealthy!

So what's the story? What's the reason? Or reasons? That's what I intend to find out.

I plan on taking the next year (possibly more) and re-structuring my eating habits. Mostly seeing how not going out to eat as frequently and cooking at home instead affects my health: physical, emotional,spiritual. Possibly my financial health as well.

I'd like going out for dinner to be what it was intended to be, a treat. A special occasion reserved for a really fabulous restaurant with outstanding food! Not a way of my daily life. Mundane restaurants with so-so food.

I think my overall health and well being may just improve as a result. Let's see!

2 comments: