Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Planning

Planning has always been my favorite part of any event in my life, be it a new exercise program, new haircut or "getting ready to clean the house". I plan so much and for so long I either become bored or exhausted. I do the same with cooking. I plan menu after menu, shopping list after shopping list and then usually say, "Let's order a pizza".
I am really, really trying not to do that this time, but I can already feel it creeping in, the excuses, the procrastination. I can't let it derail me though, I'll work through it and maybe I'll pick up some skills along the way to use in cooking and life.

I think it is really interesting that I know where I will be having dinner in mid-July. (it is my boyfriend's birthday) I can narrow it down to one or two places. I have no idea however, what I will be having for dinner tomorrow night, because going food shopping is not in my weekly or even bi-weekly repertoire and as result I have no food in the fridge.
I have such great intentions. But I think we ALL know what that gets us.
Maybe I need to back up a little bit in this experiment and acknowledge how much of a beginner, or as I like to call myself a "re-learner", I am.
Food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Another excellent post! You keep writing them, i'll keep reading them. With anticipation!!

    ReplyDelete